Friday, July 13, 2012


 haven't written anything in a while but while underground enroute South Kensington this Am, I had this word on my heart; time and chance. The full meaning of this nugget began to unfold as I had flashbacks on my life and I could not help but be so grateful that tears almost trickled down my face.My life in the last year has been exciting but challenging: I have just completed my first year of medical school( a dream nineteen odd years in the making) lived in England for almost one year( lots of mixed feelings about this), and have a fun summer filled with adventure and excitement planned, this gets me reeling; it's almost impossible to hold back.

The reader might be wondering where I'm headed with this, well the crux of the gist rests in the fact that my dreaming mind could only have seen all of these as dreams when I look back at my life a decade ago. It took a lot of faith and not letting go even when I had reasons to,to get me to this point in my life. I have made tons of mistakes, i have had to question God sometimes, i have even caged myself from the world and pondered the many mishaps or near mishaps that i have narrowly escaped. But in all, i can emphatically say that I have been blessed and highly favored and while I sit here watching the unperturbed fellow train riders in this carriage, I can't help but be thankful for my life thus far.

For the fellow who doubts in his/ her heart about the events unfolding in their lives, I write in response to that doubt; you definitely are not treading life alone, there is a God who steps in right on time. When it seems like he is not listening, he only is prepping you for greater challenges and thus is working out patience in your life.  For the person who seems to have lost the strength and courage to move on, you sure are stronger than you think and believe at this time, you're a light that will give light to others so SHINE. For that child who is afraid to dream because of your present reality, that's all it is, your present, you have the power to change it and that power resides in your mind. For that person who thinks its too late, no its not, it never is; your own time is NOW! And for that person that has given up cos you have failed too many times, at least that's how you feel, Failure isn't the end of a thing, its just a means to create originality; it sends you back to the drawing board to re-evaluate your methods and tweak your goals as necessary. The world awaits the refined and pure you.

Living in self pity and degradation would not help your course...

We were all meant to shine like children do, it's not just in some of us, it's in all of us. The battle is not to the strong nor to the swift but Time and chance happens to them all... We all have our seasons, the question then should be: would you be ready for the "Time and Chance" ?


Seleipiri iboroma Akobo
May 17th, 2012

No comments: